School Visits and Festivals
As part of Northern squash club's community outreach programme, our coaching staff visit nine local schools in the Gosforth state school pyramid every Autumn, to introduce squash and develop the racket skills of the year three children (7/8 year olds). The schools that participate are:
- Archibald first school
- Archbishop Runcie first school
- Broadway East first school
- Brunton Park first school
- Dinnington first school
- Grange first school
- Gosforth Park first school
- Regent Farm first school
- South Gosforth first school
Sixty children are invited back to the club for a mini squash festival and then they can join the Year 3 after school squash club on a Thursday until the end of the season.
Since its introduction in 2008 this scheme has resulted in some major achievements:
- Josie Barker, Michael Mattimore and Erin Vitty have gone on to become county champions.
- Michael Mattimore was picked to play for England in 2012
- James Appleby, Cameron Hamilton, Michael Home, Alex Dyter, Andrew Shipley, Harry Little, Michael Mattimore and Josie Barker have all represented the county.
- At the end of the 2012 season 38 boys and girls who attended our school festivals were listed on the England Squash national ranking lists
For further information contact Richard Vitty, Head Coach, tel: 0191 285 9712 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to Northern Squash Club Junior Squash